Friday, March 1, 2013

psst.. how to have an amazing hair day

I've accumulated a bajillion different hair product samples. Okay, I know bajillion isn't a real number but, you get the point, I have a lot. Between sample boxes and free samples with purchases, I have kind of an overflow. They do come in handy when I'm trying to switch up my haircare routine. I'm not the type of person who would ever buy a whole bottle without testing it out first.

Around Valentine's Day, BaubleBar had a free gift with purchase promotion. Thanks to my addiction to baubles, I was able to snag the Rahua Jetsetter Kit and the Amika Blow Up Spray. My hair is long, thick, and extremely temperamental at times. It's hard to give my mane volume and shine without drowning it in product. Therefore, it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to this stuff. Well, it looks like the BaubleBar team not only knows how to pick out the best sparkle but also knows a thing or two about hair. All I have to say is OMG, THANK YOU! My hair is forever grateful.

With the Rahua shampoo and conditioner, my hair finally feels CLEAN. Other shampoo and conditioners leave my hair somewhat filmy-- like it's never really completely washed out. Rahua is 100% natural and I'm 100% sold on this brand. While my hair was still damp, I misted it with the Amika Blow Up Spray. What's great about this product is that it doubles as a heat protector-- always a plus. After blow drying, I noticed significantly less fly aways. For the first time in a long time, I felt like my locks looked sleek and shiny. I can't tell which product is responsible for this newfound hair swoon. Perhaps it's the combination of the two. Magic, I tell ya.

My hair looked so good, I considered stopping there and leaving it straight. But ultimately, I ended up curling it like I do 6 out of the 7 days of the week. I finished styling with another new product I'm trying out-- Not Your Mother's She's a Tease Volumizing Hairspray. More on this later.

 tee: NYC Paris ||  jacket: J Brand || jeans: Blank NYC || necklace: BaubleBar Silver Weave Bib || bracelets: Gorjana (Suede Studded Wrap + Parker Leather Wrap in Neon Yellow) and Sequence (Spice Knot Bracelet + One Soul Bracelet)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. YES! This shirt is one of my favorites!!! So comfortable and just fabulous!

      Delete
  2. LOVE this shirt and your baubles! and as always your hair is so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Christin! My hair aspires you be your gorgeous hair! xx

      Delete