Clearly, my goal in life is to send you all into diabetic shock. This treat is absolutely over the top, but that's exactly what makes it so great. If your sweet tooth isn't satisfied with one square, then don't talk to me ever again.
Don't be discouraged by the list of directions. My intent was to be thorough so you could replicate this creation. You don't even need a stand mixer to make these, which just doesn't happen very often in my kitchen anymore.
Yields one 9x13-inch pan
Chocolate Chip Blondies (from Taste and Tell)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup white granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs, room temp.
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
10 oz. bag of miniature marshmallows
Peanut Butter Chocolate Krispies Layer
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 cups Rice Krispies cereal (or equivalent)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper. I spray with cooking spray first to help the parchment stick. Then proceed with two folded pieces of parchment that overextend past the edges of the pan (one lengthwise and one across the width, making a criss-cross). For visual help, see picture from previous post here. I do not add any extra cooking spray or butter. The parchment alone will prevent sticking.
2. For Chocolate Chip Blondies: In a large bowl, whisk butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla.
3. Add flour and salt and stir gently with a spatula to combine. Mix until just moistened (do not overmix). Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Transfer mixture into parchment-lined pan. Spread the batter out event across the surface of the pan.
5. Slightly underbake the blondies, about 38-40 minutes. The top should be slightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center does not come out perfectly clean.
6. For Marshmallow Layer: Remove the pan of slightly underbaked blondies out of the oven pour the entire bag of marshmallows across the top of the blondies. Distribute into an even layer. Put the pan back into the oven for 2-3 more minutes. You want the marshmallows to soften.
7. Remove pan from the oven. With a knife dipped in water, spread the softened marshmallows into an even layer. Allow pan to cool completely.
8. For the Peanut Butter Chocolate Krispies Layer: In a medium saucepan on the stovetop, heat butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter together until well-combined and smooth in consistency. Then remove from the stovetop. Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir until the cereal is completely covered with the mixture.
9. Pour peanut butter chocolate krispies on top of the marshmallow layer. Use a spatula to spread it out into an even layer. Refrigerate the pan until the top layer solidifies and is no longer gooey.
10. Use the extended parchment to pull the contents out easily and place onto a large cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut into desired pieces. Eat right away or store in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.